I live in Raleigh, NC and work on the web building products that solve real business problems.
What I'm Working On
- 👨🏻💻 I'm a software engineer working remotely for a wonderful digital innovation agency. I love my job!
- 🤖 I spend most of my free time outside of work hacking on personal projects and pursuing goals.
- 📬 I write a weekly newsletter which comes out on Sundays. The newsletter covers code, personal finance and self improvement. Check out the previous newsletters and subscribe if you like what you find.
- 📹 I have a YouTube channel that I upload videos to weekly(ish). I'm still trying to figure out my focus there, but the topics tend to be around software engineering career development.
- 🐦 I tweet summary notes from articles and podcasts, and my thoughts about developer career growth.
- 🎤 I speak at meetups and conferences semi-regularly, on technical and soft-skills topics.
- 🤓 I learn in public. This means that I try to document everything I'm learning, thinking and doing with the express purpose of providing value to others.
- 🇪🇸 I studied Spanish at university and studied abroad for 5 months in Madrid. Additional fun fact: I was technically homeless for my last ~6 weeks there.
- 👫 I'm a twin! This is usually my go-to fun fact in icebreaker situations. I think being a twin is special and privileged experience.
I curate lists of resources on topics I find interesting/helpful:
My Current Teachers
- Ali Abdaal
- Maria Konnikova
- Tim Ferriss
- Shane Parrish
- Courtland Allen
- Patrick McKenzie
- Harry Dry
- Joel Hooks
- Shawn Wang
- Kent C. Dodds
- Wes Bos
- Scott Tolinski
Standing Invitation for Coffee ☕️
If you want to talk tech, self improvement, or anything else, I'm down. If you find yourself in Raleigh and want to hang out, just let me know. I'll buy you a coffee and we can chat. Of course, depending on the state of the pandemic, we may have to get creative. (And yes, I did steal this from Ali.)